Monday, May 27, 2019

Today is not our day

     We were so pumped to be able to fly out today that we were up early finishing all of our last minute rmh prep. We were making our last minute decisions about when to leave for the airport when we got the dreaded email. Our flight on Spirit was delayed from 2pm to 4pm. We slowed down our pace of packing until we got another email stating the flight was delayed until 8:56pm. At that point, we had to extend our rental car return and look for other options if there were any. Southwest was the only other airline with any flight into Nola tonight and it was $515 per person. Frontier had a flight that left at 6pm and arrived in pensacola at 9pm and we could easily rent a car and drive the rest of the way. We decided that was our second best option and we would book it if the Spirit flight was delayed any later. I was anxious to just sit at the rmh which is 30 mins away from the airport so Brett humored me and we went to sit in the cell phone lot. This way, Livi could nap and we wouldn't be far away if the situation changed. The situation changed again and the Spirit flight was pushed back to 11:57pm with an arrival time of 0115. We decided Frontier was our best bet so we hightailed it to the rental return and to buy tickets and check in. As soon as we checked our bags, Brett asked the dreaded question.... Is the flight delayed? Only about 20 mins was the response so we proceeded through TSA. As soon as we got to the nearest screen, the delayed signal popped up and we saw the dreaded 7:30pm flight departure. Then it changed again to 8:45pm. This means that we would get to FL even later with a 3 hour drive ahead of us. Brett quickly realized that the rental car place closed at 11pm and we were set to land at 10:53pm....too close for comfort. He is determined to get us home much to my disagreement that one night in a hotel in either Philly or FL isn't that big of a deal. So now we sit while Brett watches his phone for delayed alerts and we try to have Livi rest.

   She is great in the morning, but as the day goes by, she quickly turns into Oscar the grouch. The closer and closer it gets to bed time, the more pain that tends to creep up as well. The last two nights she has cried herself to sleep because she just can't get any relief. She has been doing extremely well so far today but the warning signs are slowly showing themselves. She truly wants to get home and see her brother and sister whom she has missed desperately. I know the anticipation and adrenaline will only last so long. Hopefully, we have things shift in our direction once today and we can finally get out of Philly.


  1. Glad to hear Princess Ollivia is feeling some better. Take it easy and remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!I know you guys can't wait to get home, to your own bed, and patience is a hard thing to have when you are exausted..Sending best wishes,Debbie

  2. P.S. I bought Princess Oivia a card but don't know her mailing address.I know I could send it to her Nana and Poppy's house but I want it to come in the mail to HER mailbox.Could you please message me your address? Thanks♥

  3. Hello Princess Olivia, Good morning! I hope you are doing well. I just received an email alert from the post office that said your package would be delivered today! Yay! I hope you enjoy it, as it was sent with love and best wishes for your continued good health.Take care little one..Have a wonderful day, but remember to look in the mailbox after school :) Hugs, Miss Debbie


Olivia loves to hear her mommy/daddy read your comments!