It has been a while since we have posted anything and we apologize. The saying no news is good news has been the motto that we have been following. Olivia has been given the all clear from her cardiologist for the next six months. Our jobs now, in his words, is to relax and enjoy watching her grow up. That is much easier said then done, because it has seemed like that for the last two and a half years we have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. So, Brett and I have decided we will try to take his advice and just enjoy her sassy, loveable, rebellious two year old self. Currently, we are on a family vacation making memories and exposing the whole family to new experiences. I have included some recent pictures of her swimming, putt putting, and on the beach. As you'll be able to see.. Ms. Olivia is quite the independent little personality that is determined to give us all a run for our money. Hey, we wouldn't have it any other way either.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Olivia finished all scheduled procedures and was discharged just a few minutes ago. We now head to see her cardiologist Dr. Natarajan. She is super cranky and cant really walk without crashing into things.
We talked to the cardiologist over the mri study. He recommended we continue to watch one of her pulmonary arteries that goes under her aortic arch. It is normal to be small but hers is one the small side of small. He also said her aortic arch is on the narrow side but with all of the sutures in her veins/arteries from previous surgeries we will have to watch to see if it will grow. The rest of the info from the mri we will get in two/three days. Her echo results we will discuss at this appointment coming up. She has to see someone in ent in 4 weeks.
We had to bribe her with a balloon in order to get her to stop crying. She knows exactly what to do to get her way.
Monday, April 7, 2014
We are finally finished for today. It was a mixed bag of reports which is what it always seems to be with Olivia. The neuro cardiac care program appointment...NCCP... went awesome. They basically told us she is doing spectacular and developmentally is around the age of 3. They even said there was no need to come back to them for anything.
Then, we went to ENT. We met with a nurse practioner who left the room saying Olivia had a multilayer problem and that thw doctor would be in. Olivia was so tired from thw morning, she fell asleep in my arms while we waited. When Dr. Jacobs came in to see her, he went about asking questions and plugging away. He found that both tubes in her ears are out and need replacing due to infections and fluid. He also did a flexible scope up her nose while Brett and I held her down. He really didn't see much, but heard her breathing. Now she is scheduled for pe tube placement, bronchoscopy, head mri and something else that Brett and I dont know how to say or spell. Worst case is... if they find something in her airway they would balloon dilate it or remove it. This would mean she would have to stay overnight in icu. We shall see.